Sunday, August 3, 2008

robots in love has never been cuter

I just got back from the midnight showing of WALL-E and I'm wishing there was a 2:00 showing so that I could watch it again, it was that good. It far exceeded all of my expectations. Aside from the group of immature teenage boys sitting behind me who have not yet realized that loud and obnoxious does not equal cool (and who were all lucky that I am a pacifist) it was easily the most enjoyable movie experience I have had in a very, very long time. Go see it. It's worth the ticket price just to see the short that plays before the film. My hat is off to you once again, PIXAR, well done.

And while I'm making recommendations, I finished reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being today, and although I disagree with some of the positions the author seems to take, it slipped into my ever-growing list of favorites.

"For there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes."

No comments: