Sunday, October 11, 2009

just delightful


I just finished watching Away We Go, and man, it was fantastic. You can tell it was written by Dave Eggers, the man has such a unique voice. I feel like it's been too long since I've seen a film that has moved me. This one did. I'm always impressed when a film can make you laugh and cry. In the wise words of Joni Mitchell "laughing and crying, you know it's the same release." Oh and the Alexi Murdoch songs laced throughout was pretty rad too.

I just found out Is Anybody There? was playing at the Polk this weekend, and I'm really bummed I missed it... that's another one I desperately want to see.

2 comments:

jessie lynn said...

Agreed. I saw it in the theater and nearly melted. Now it's sitting on the shelves of Blockbuster--I made a mental note of that last night. It will prob. be rented for viewing #2 after I've gotten my fill of scary movies. And I highly recommend snagging up some of those A.M. tracks; they still sit well with me months after the show. Cheers!

Chris said...

Loved it. I laughed outloud on multiple occassions.